This post was supposed to go up tomorrow but my computer ate my thumb drive and I can’t get my post off of it now because my writing computer is not hooked up to the interwebs! So this fabulously amazing post that I had SO MUCH FUN working on got bumped up to today!
First of all I want to remind you that you have until FRIDAY to enter, so polish up that scene and send it over then comment and tell me who your favourite couple/kiss is!
A Great Time to FALL in Love: First Kiss Contest details!
You can win 4 free ebooks plus a SIGNED copy of My Heart for Yours by Stephanie Campbell and Jolene Perry
Comment on this or any post up to October 12 and tell me the YA or NA book that has the BEST first kiss and/or your favourite couple! Answers can be serious, fun, silly or downright ridiculous. Multiple entries welcome and if every single one of you loves the same kiss, that’s okay too!
Your comment automatically enters you to win ebook copies of What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn, The Truth About Faking by Leigh Talbert Moore, and Fall Guy by Liz Reinhardt PLUS a SIGNED COPY OF MY HEART FOR YOURS by Stephanie Campbell and Jolene Perry.
Winner will be announced on October 15th! Only available for Kindle or Nook. (Canada and US only)
Send in your first kiss scene by October 12 for a free critique by me, and a chance to have your scene read and critiqued by FOUR published authors (who just so happen to write amazing kissing scenes themselves). Top three will be posted on my blog and winner gets a 3 book prize pack consisting of SIGNED Paperback copies of What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn, The Truth About Faking by Leigh Talbert Moore, AND My Heart for Yours by Stephanie Campbell and Jolene Perry.
• Work must be your own and not fan-fiction or plagiarism
• Work must be unpublished elsewhere but it does not have to be from a completed work. WIP scene is fine.
(please proof for basic spelling/grammar prior, we want to be able to give good feedback on the power of your scene)
• Max of 500 words
• Emailed to email@example.com with the subject FIRST KISS CONTEST
• Scene must be pasted into the body of the email. Attachments will not be opened.
• You must have a Kindle or Nook to receive the prize pack, but all entries will be critiqued.
• Please provide your name, the title of the book, the genre (only YA or NA will be entered but romance doesn’t have to be the focus of the story. It can be Sci Fi, Fantasy, Thriller, Horror, etc.)
Top Three will be posted on November 1st and Winner announced. I will contact winner privately to send prize pack. (US and Canada only, but all entries received will be critiqued)
I leave you today with a ‘snippet’ from each of the authors involved in this contest. Designed by moi.
I asked them why they loved first kisses and this is what they had to say:
Warning: These are filled with so much awesome!